About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sorry It Has Been So Long

Sorry that it has been awhile since I have updated the blog. To be honest, the last few weeks have been so hard and painful for me, that I was afraid to really say that on the blog. But some friends of mine reminded me that the advantage to telling my loved ones that I am having hard times, is that they will pray extra hard for me.

God has been reminding me of the verse, "And we know that all things work together for God's glory." (Romans 8:28). Ray and I are trying desperately to have a peace about everything and to know that God is in control.

These last few weeks have been really tough, especially at night time. I have developed severe restless legs every night (and some days as well). This has afforded me about 3 hours of sleep for the last several nights. Plus, my stomach has been so nauseous. I have tried so hard to keep myself from throwing up because I don't want to end up in the hospital again. I have some medicine for my stomach, but it makes my legs worse. So, it's a vicious cycle.

I am also sorry to any of you who have called or wanted to stop by lately. Truly this has been a really rough few weeks and I have been barely able to take company. With little to no sleep and lots of pain, I have been just trying to keep my mind focused and wait out the storm.

Again, I know God has a reason for everything in life. It is very hard to accept some times, but when you know Him and know how He has taken care of you before, you can rest in His love and know this is just a season. Please pray extra hard for Ray and I though, we are really having a hard time with the pain. Lots of love!

1 comment:

  1. I have been wondering how you have been doing! I pray and think about you everyday!!! I am glad you are trying to keep things positive!! I love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete