About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Much To Do About Nothing

Well, since getting out of the hospital last Thursday, each day has allowed me to grow a little stronger. I have been feeling relatively well again and have been able to get up and around a little easier.

This morning at the cardiologist, they basically said that since I have been in and out of the hospital so much in the last month and that I have not been able to get stable, they want to wait another 3 weeks before they make any decisions. They sounded like they are going to try to take me back up on the medicine in a few weeks if I can remain stable. They are still very hopeful that the medicine will help the heart. So, we have scheduled another appt with the cardiologist on June 14 and will just have to sit tight until then. :-)

Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers. I was at the Post Office where my Mom works yesterday and I was so amazed that there were people there that hardly knew me, but they were praying expecting God to do great things. I also know that God answers our prayers and am so grateful for the many prayers that my family and friends have been sending up for me. God has truly blessed me with such wonderful support. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment