About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Miracles

Last night I was up for a few hours (lately I have developed insomnia). As I was laying there, I began thinking of all the times that God has watched over my physical health.

I was born in the blizzard of 78. When I came into the world, I caught some kind of gastrointestinal disease. I went down to under 3 pounds. The doctors told my parents that I was taking up room in the hospital for babies that had more hope than me. They told my parents that even if I made it, I wouldn't live longer than a few years and I would be severely retarded. Thanks to the love and faith of my parents, they moved me to another hospital. Seven months later, I went home a healthy happy baby. I can't imagine what those seven months were like for my parents, but I am so proud of their love and faith. God gave us a miracle.

A few months after we found out about the heart failure, I started throwing up constantly and got the restless legs. When I went to the hospital, they had no real reason to run an echocardiagram, but the doctor thought it would be a good idea (I am sure at God's leading). The test found a blood clot in my heart. God is so good and was definitely watching over me.

A few weeks later I had a stroke. This was an extremely scary time for Ray and my parents. But because God had watched over me in finding the clot, the blood thinners they put me on kept me from having any residual damage from the stroke.

God is watching over every facet of our lives and I believe He has me right in the place He wants me. His word says that He has plans for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me. And I am fully expecting him to touch my body and heal me completely... after all, He has already watched over me in so many instances.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa, you keep expecting nothing less from God and I know He'll come through with exceeding abundantly more than we can ask or think! You are in my prayers.

    God's riches blessings on you and your family.

    Schlaine

    ReplyDelete