About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Thanks Be To God


It has been a wonderful week in the Justice household. Each day I am feeling just a little better. On Monday I was able to go get my hair cut and to lunch with my family. Tuesday we went to the zoo for a few hours (see pic). Yesterday my cousin came to visit and today my friend Annie and her beautiful little guy came for a while. It has been such a blessing to finally feel a little better. I am sleeping pretty well at night and am able to function most of the day.

Yesterday I went to the Heart Failure Clinic because I still have quite a bit of swelling. They gave me some IV Lasix and I took some in pill form as well. I lost 2 pounds of fluid yesterday and feel much better today. I am still swollen, but hopefully if I keep my feet up, I'll be able to shed a little more. :-)

Many of you have been asking how Ray is doing. He would appreciate hearing your thoughts and talking to you personally, but he is doing much better as well. He is also now sleeping through the night and relaxing a little more. His new job has been a true blessing from God.

Every day I have been thanking God for allowing us to have a better week. Please keep praying, I believe God answers all prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment