About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Home Again Home Again

Well, we arrived home on Thursday. I was still feeling pretty rough and my blood work was still showing that my heart was in a lot of distress... but I had to get out of the hospital. :-) I had a really good night's sleep on Thursday night. I felt very run down on Friday but my restless legs were doing really well. Friday night was a little more rough, but I did still get a good bit of sleep. It's amazing how much easier it is to sleep in your own house! LOL!

Today has been a little rough... my legs have been a little restless. But it's not been too bad. My friend Showers stopped by today and my sisters came by yesterday. I have been so blessed with so many wonderful people in my life and I am so thankful for each one.

Some times the pain makes it difficult to focus and pray, but I have been really determined to keep my faith about me and to remember that God has promised to carry us through the difficult times. I am looking forward to the day that I can see each of my friends and tell them of the miracle of God's healing on my heart!

Tuesday is my big 3 month appointment with my cardiologist. They are going to make some decisions about how we want to proceed. I am fully expecting that they are going to want to either put in a defibrilator/pacemaker or some other device to help my heart pump. Everything I have read says that they will only put me on the heart transplant list if the doctor feels I have less than 2 years to live on this heart. So, please be in prayer for this appointment. I am really praying for God's strength and courage, because I know I do not have enough on my own. But I know He has a plan for me, and one to prosper me not to harm me. God hears our prayers and answers when we call. Love to you!

2 comments:

  1. Missy,
    Jim and I will be saying a prayer for you, Ray and your family. Wishing you great news tomorrow. "He will listen to the prayers of the destitute. He will not reject their pleas."
    ~ Psalm 102:17
    Love you,
    Jen Beaver

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy, please know I am thinking of you and praying for you. I know we haven't seen each other since college but when Diana Tocheff posted a message about you, I knew exactly who you were!

    Wendy (Eckelberry Croy

    ReplyDelete