About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Glad Game

One of my favorite childhood movies was Pollyanna. If you haven't seen the movie, Pollyanna come to a new town and helps several people through their difficult times by playing the "Glad Game." It was a game her father invented. Pollyanna desperately wanted a doll so her dad wrote to the missionary house and asked them to send one. They accidentally sent crutches instead. But her dad refused to let her be sad about it and made up the Glad Game where they thought of all the reasons they could be glad about getting the crutches (mainly that they didn't have to use them).

For some reason last week, I was contemplating the game. I have been feeling the loss lately of not being able to have a child... It got me thinking how the Lord put me in a family where I already have 12 nieces and nephews and another one on the way. Plus, most of my dear friends have children. It made me realize that although God knew my body couldn't handle a child, He filled my life with children and love. I am so thankful that He has blessed me so abundantly.

Hope you are enjoying your Holy Week and Easter tomorrow. We are disappointed that one of my sisters won't be joining us, but we are excited to spend the day with the rest of the family (and not in the hospital!!). In fact, Ray and I will be singing in our service tomorrow morning.

Please keep my testing in your thoughts and prayers on Tuesday. I am confident that the Lord has already healed me and I am excited for the doctors to see that as well. Thanks for all of your support.

1 comment: