About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Ray's Words of Wisdom


We had a wonderful holiday with friends and family. Cannot tell you how precious every moment becomes when you are constantly grateful for each minute.


Last night I was telling Ray that I was getting pretty light-headed at odd times during the evening (the medicine I am on makes me very dizzy when I stand up and some times even close to passing out; therefore, I have to get up from sitting or laying very slowly). Ray, being the worry wort that he is, was very concerned and instructed me, "If you stand up and feel dizzy, sit back down." LOL! What does he think I am going to do, jumping jacks?!?! LOL!


These words are matched only by the words of one of my old surgeons who, when I asked what to do when I thought I was going to pass out, told me, "Get as close to the ground as possible." LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment