About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wet Wednesday

It's true what they say about having good days and bad days. I have had very little pain for the last week, which has been a true blessing. Plus I have had a lot of quiet time to relax and meditate and read (yes, I can do that). :-)

Today has been a little tough. Even getting up has made my heart race today. I'm a little disappointed because I had worked up to being able to make it around the block and I feel a little set back today. But I know in these times will be when I need to focus my thoughts on God's grace and strength.

I had a beautiful conversation with one of my sisters today. She reminded me of how exciting life can be (she has five little ones at home) and to be patient with slow recoveries.

One of the cards that a dear one sent me had this verse, which happens to be Ray's favorite:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. Missy, we heard about your physical problem and we are praying for you. Winston and Debby Hatcliff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Missy!! You are amazing!!! I believe you will find your way once again around that block. In the meantime, know I love you and am praying for you and that you are not alone!!!!! Ray is in our prayers. Mark left him a message if he feels up to talking. We'd love to share recipes :)

    ReplyDelete