About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Seven Years and Hopefully Many More


Today is Ray and I's seven year anniversary. As we were watching our wedding video this morning, I was thinking of how very blessed we have been. First of all, I remember on our wedding day thinking that I could never love any one more than I did Ray... but through the last seven years and especially through the last seven months, my love for him has grown more deep than I ever imagined was possible. He has shown me the true meaning of self-sacrifice. He has walked through this valley side by side with me. Often times we forget that those we love suffer just as badly as those going through the illness. So please, remember him in your thoughts and prayers and reach out to him, as he is giving all that he can and then some to try to get us through this. It is only by God's grace and mercy that we are able to make it through each day.

Secondly, we have so many people in our lives that have been such an encouragement and inspiration. My sisters, brother, in-laws, and parents and friends have been such a large part of my life and I am so thankful for the way they have influenced my life.

Some times it is hard to portray on a blog how things are really going. We have had several really wonderful days lately... but even a good day is a tough day for us lately. We are trying each day to grow into the people that God would have us be, but we are also crying out to Him constantly. He has been so faithful to bring us so far, but we know we have a long way to go.

There has been a song lately that has played over and over in my mind and comforts us at during our weakest times:

HIDE ME NOW; UNDER YOUR WING; COMFORT ME WITHIN YOUR MIGHTY HAND;
WHEN THE OCEANS RISE AND THUNDERS ROAR; I WILL SOAR WITH YOU ABOVE THE STORM; FATHER YOU ARE KING OVER THE FLOOD; I WILL BE STILL AND KNOW YOU ARE GOD.

FIND REST MY SOUL; IN CHRIST ALONE; KNOW HIS POWER IN QUIETNESS AND REST;
WHEN THE OCEANS RISE AND THUNDERS ROAR; I WILL SOAR WITH YOU ABOVE THE STORM; FATHER YOU ARE KING OVER THE FLOOD; I WILL BE STILL AND KNOW YOU ARE GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment