About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Nephews

It has been an exciting few weeks out of the hospital. I have been able to spend quite a bit of time with my two new nephews:

We were also able to go see the Columbus Symphony last weekend. They showed the "Wizard of Oz" but took all the music out of the movie and played it themselves. It was really fun (and the steps weren't too bad).

Still feeling pretty well and so thankful for this time of rest before we go back to the hospital to get the pump out. Last weekend, Ray and I were able to minister with music again. We are so thankful to be able to praise our Lord again and to encourage others going through tough times. This weekend we are going back to our old church to thank them for their prayers and minister to them. If you or your church were praying for us this past year and would like for us to come and share a little of what God has done in our lives, please let me know. We want to bring as much glory to God's miracle as we can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment