About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Well, last night we got to sleep 10 blissful hours in our own bed. (I think we were dead to the world until the phone woke us up this morning.) It is so wonderful to be home. Finally, I am able to rest and relax with no one sticking me, taking my blood pressure, assessing my health, etc.

I will still have to have home health come for the next three weeks or so to work on my wound vac while it heals, and I have a LOT of appointments at the hospital. But it is a small price to pay for the freedom of home!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Couldn't do it without all the wonderful people in my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment