About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Still Waiting Patiently in Hospital

Well, it's Wednesday morning, and I am writing this from my hospital bed. It has turned into quite a long stay and I am feeling it. It started out as only a small surgery, but I should know better. Seems like when we think things are going to be relatively easy, it's then that our spirits get tested.

My kidneys are headed in the right direction, but we are still waiting on them to get better. In the meantime, all of my medications have changed because they were bad on my kidneys. The new medications have been giving me terrible headaches and nausea. It's been a long few weeks. But I am learning how to get through it. Hopefully soon my kidneys will perk up and I can get back on my old faithful medications. :-)

It's amazing to me how different life is in the hospital. There are so many hurting and struggling people here. I am so thankful that my eyes and heart have been open to the pain in people's lives. Hopefully that will help me be a better tool to be used to make their lives a little better.

Well, I would LOVE to see any of that would like to come for a visit. It makes the days just a little shorter. :-) We are anticipating being here several more days still... Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment