About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Surgery is Over (from Ray)

The surgery went very well. They had to use a breathing tube, but it was out before Missy started waking up, so that was a relief. The downside, though, is that, since she wasn't allowed to eat until dinner last night, her kidney's aren't doing so well.

So, now that she's been here since Saturday, she's finally had the surgery she's been waiting for, but she'll be here longer than we'd hoped because her kidney's are tanking. Hopefully only a few days, though...

1 comment:

  1. Great Article it its really informative and innovative keep us posted with new updates. its was really valuable. thanks a lot. Kims hospitals Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete