About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holiday Happiness

This week has started off so wonderful and exciting. Over the weekend, my mom's family was all in town and it was a LOUD party. :-)
We also got to visit with Ray's mom's family at a charming party on Sunday.

Then Monday, I spent the ENTIRE day baking thousands of cookies with a few of my sisters and nieces. My niece summed it up perfectly when she looked at me and said, "I will never forget this day as long as I live." They were too much fun and I treasure the time I had with my sisters (but I certainly missed my mom and other sisters).

Then yesterday, I took small gifts up to my work to thank them for how encouraging they have been to me this past year. They have sent multiple gifts, several visits, and tons of thoughts and prayers. They have made me really miss working (and that is tough to do). It was touching how they were still talking about the ways that my experience and expertise could have helped the team. They are amazing co-workers. I was also very touched to see that my name plate was still on my office door. It made me feel a part of things, even though I am not there.
I then got to spend some time visiting with extended family yesterday. Then last night, Ray and Dad and I made wreaths (yes, wreaths). LOL. See, my little sister has taken up photography and has become amazingly good (interrupt here to tell you if you are looking for a photographer, you can't do better than her ... and here is her website: http://scolessolphotography.weebly.com/). She took family photos of everyone for Christmas. So I thought I would use my talent and make something for everyone to remember me by... only I have NO artistic talent. LOL. I know my family is reading this and shaking their heads in agreement. LOL. Anyway, I ended up having to ask my little sister to help me with the wreaths, but she took an emergency trip yesterday and I had to do it myself. Needless to say, they don't look too shabby. :-)
One last thought for the day. My oldest sister/aunt has twins. One of her twins has been in the ICU since Friday. He had double pneumonia and is having extreme trouble breathing. He has a fever of 105 and doesn't seem to be getting better. They are not sure what is wrong. Please be in prayer for them, as you can imagine, it is so difficult.
Well, this post was just to give you a glimpse of how wonderful this Christmas season has been so far. I know it is has been such a tough year, but God is so good. Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment