About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!



My Mom has been an incredible support for me throughout the last 7 weeks. She has been by my side helping me every time I have needed her. She was with me when our world seemed to stop and she has stayed by my side, despite the personal sacrifices that has required. My Mom has an ample supply of strength and wisdom in her that she is always sharing with our family. I am so thankful for the role model and love I have received from her. I am sure my entire family shares my love and respect for her.




And of course, she is here with me today, spending her birthday helping me. It has been tough today because I want to do so much for her on her birthday to show her how much I love and appreciate what she has done for me, but I don't have energy to do anything special... but somehow I know she knows how I feel. Thanks and love Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment