About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rest and Visitors






After a tough weekend, I am recovering one day at a time. Just a little shopping with my Dad this morning (Mom, Showers, and Ray's birthdays are in the next few days), completely tuckered me out. I have had little energy to do much of anything, but am trying to rest and recover. It has made it difficult to remain in His peace. But day by day I am learning that I need to rely on His strength and not mine. Of course, all the visitors have reallly lifted my spirits:

No comments:

Post a Comment