About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Monday, January 11, 2010

THE DAY WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR (from Ray)

Missy called me at work about an hour ago to let me know that SHE'S GETTING A HEART TODAY! As you can imagine, lots of emotions are flowing, lots of family and friends have already arrived, and more are on their way. I'll keep updating the blog and Facebook throughout the day today and this evening, so keep an eye out.

The surgery won't happen for a while, probably later this afternoon/this evening, and it's supposed to last between 6-10 hours. Keep praying!

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you both!! This is AWESOME news for Melissa and I am so happy for her and for you. Keeping you all uplifted in prayer.

    Bountiful Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart skipped a beat when I read this!!! YAY!!!! I hope all goes smoothly and you are on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your post earlier in the day from my Blackberry and was EXTREMELY happy for you guys.

    You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

    God Bless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear about this!! May God give you the strength for the surgery and after surgery recovery.

    Raj.

    ReplyDelete