About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year (Hopefully Better Than The Last)!

Prayers have been going up all day that this new year will be one of blessings and celebration; therefore, I'd like to give some great news to start the year off right.

My nephew was able to get off the breathing tube and is holding steady. My sister was finally able to hold and comfort him.



Also, my cousin is currently in the hospital welcoming the newest little "Jolly" into the family. I cannot wait to get better and be able to meet him.





My brother-in-law and niece will be flying to China this week to pick up the newest addition to our family. He is going to be such a blessing and he already has so much of our thoughts and love.



Stanley Lindquist stated, "God allows us to experience the low points in life in order to teach us lessons we could not learn in any other way. The way we learn those lessons is not to deny the feelings but to find the meanings underneath them." This past year God has taught me so much about compassion. This illness has given me such a heart for those who are suffering. Many people my age are so busy with life, that we forget that people are carrying such tragic burdens. Also, we think our small burdens are so much heavier than they really are. What we need is a little perspective (although I wish the Lord could teach me lessons with a little less perspective LOL). My prayers and thoughts have changed drastically in the last year of my life. I thank God for showing me how much of a difference I can make to those in need.

Here's to wishing everyone a MUCH happier year!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment