About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday Morning Update (from Ray)

Missy's extubated!!! Come one, come all - she's ready for visitors! :-)

4 comments:

  1. GOD IS GOOD and Bob and I will continue to pray for the both of you!!! I am a firm believer that "God will make a way when there seems to be no way, HE works in ways we can not see, HE will make a way" and HE HAS with Melissa!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa and Ray,

    I'm thrilled that you did not need a transplant! God is so good! I will continue to pray for you! Our Great Physican Heals the Sick has been going through my mind all morning and I've been humming it in my heart!

    Lots of love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive been reading you blog thru my little sister lori witter hatcliff. weve been praying for you, but we are astounded at gods healing!! may god continue to bless you! dan and sandi witter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I read your latest blogs yesterday all I could think about was how you had been waiting for the "perfect" heart... turns out you had it all along... your own that was healed by God's PERFECT love.

    So happy for you, Ray and your family! God bless!

    Susan Hanley -- OBM OIA

    ReplyDelete