About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back In The Saddle... Hospital Again!

Last night, after three days of getting sick and not being able to sleep at night, Ray and my Dad convinced me to come back to the hospital. We arrived at the ER around 3:30 AM and were in there for over 14 hours. We are now in a room and a little more settled. They gave me some good stuff for my nausea and I am feeling much better. I am still really struggling with my restless legs and would really appreciate all of your prayers. But I am really looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight (assuming my roommate will turn down her tv :-).

The Pastor reminded me about something on Sunday. "Without faith it is impossible to please God." I don't kn0w about you, but I certainly want to please God. And I also know that He is going to carry me through this difficult time. So although we are walking through some valleys right now, I know we are going to rise above.

No comments:

Post a Comment