About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Update on Mom

We spent the day at the hospital with Mom today. She is feeling MUCH better but still has quite a bit of pain. The results of the scope came back and she has a bacterial infection as well as her gall bladder is not functioning well. So, they are going to talk to the surgeons to see if they recommend taking out the gall bladder. If so, she will have surgery and have it removed. Hopefully, that will help make her better.

She is eating clear liquids and finally has a little bit of an appetite. It is also encouraging to see her up out of bed a little.

Tomorrow my cardiologist will be performing an echocardiagram. We are praying for good results. I will post more after the appointment tomorrow. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment