About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Black Friday!

For all of you who went shopping in the dead of the morning - I hope you got the deals you were looking for!! :-) It's 9:00am here in snowy Columbus, and Missy and her dad are off to the races, too! A little later than our typical 3:30am, but she's still excited. Me, I'm staying home to relax, rest, and get laundry done.

So the verdit from Missy's troubles in my last post (chills, fever, sweats, repeat) was, drumroll please - E. Coli in her blood. After tons of antibiotics and an Rx for Cipro, she's feeling tons better. In fact, we got to surprise her family by showing up stylishly late to dinner! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Melissa,

    I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better and were able to go shopping!

    Praying for you!

    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete