About Me

In March 2009 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - Heart Failure. Within two months, it progressed to end-stage. In August 2009 I had a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted to help my heart pump blood. Then in December I was placed on the heart transplant list. On January 11, 2010 a heart became available for me and I was taken to the operating room. While on the table, the surgeons found that my own heart had began to heal. I didn't get that transplant and subsequently had my LVAD removed in September 2010. Today, I have a new appreciation for life and am learning to take each day one step at a time.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Tuesday: DNC Day (from Ray)

So after all the back and forth between cardio and GYN, Missy's set for a DNC tomorrow. She's an add-in, which means they'll get to her when they get to her. Which means no food and no drink until a while after the procedure. Which means a LONG day off waiting.

We're praying that this will take care of the bleeding issue. As I type, she's receiving her 11th unit of blood in 8 days, so something's gotta give. Sunday, one of the rounding docs dropped the hysterectomy bomb and that quickly got turned down by Missy's cardiologist today. If the DNC doesn't do the trick, they'll try an ablation, which is basically scarring the uterus.

We know that God has a purpose in all this, but we're struggling to see it right now. Please pray for Missy's procedure and that she doesn't have to go through anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment